Keep the following responsibilities in mind as general best practices for anyone serving as a supervisor for student employees.
- Ensure that student employees do not work during scheduled class times – remember that student employees are students first and foremost. Visit Student Work Schedule & Leave for more information.
- Provide student employees with the orientation, training, and mentoring they need to perform required tasks and to succeed in their job.
- Establish expectations and standards of behavior for student employees.
- Keep lines of communication open, clear, and constructive.
- Provide regular feedback and coaching. Visit Developing & Engaging Students for more information and resources.
- Create and provide a safe workspace that is free from hazards. Visit Environmental Health and Safety for more information.
- Verify the accuracy of student employee’s logged time worked in TIM. Visit Paying Students for more information on approving student employees time worked.
- When issues arise, address them promptly and objectively.
- Set a good example. As a supervisor, you can help student employees develop lifelong effective working habits such as dependability, honesty, and efficiency.
The relationship between student employees and supervisors is a two-way street. Review Student Employee Responsibilities for a list of responsibilities student employees are asked to keep in mind as general best practices for all student employees.