Student Employee Responsibilities
Keep the following job responsibilities in mind as general best practices for all student employees at UNC.
- Establish a work schedule that does not interfere with your class schedule.
- Notify your supervisor in advance of any changes to your work schedule or other commitments that will affect work availability.
- Give advance notice when unable to work a scheduled shift.
- Take the job seriously and perform at the highest level of your ability.
- Treat your supervisor and fellow employees with respect.
- Dress appropriately for the job location (some worksites have dress codes).
- Report to work on time. Notify your supervisor in advance of any possible delays.
- Do not conduct personal business on the job.
- Refrain from using cellular phones while on the job.
- Accurately report the hours you work. Falsifying your timesheet is a federal offense. If you make an error in entering your hours worked, let your supervisor know so the error can be corrected.
- Give two weeks’ notice when resigning.
The relationship between student employees and supervisors is a two-way street. Review Supervisor Responsibilities for a list of responsibilities student employee’s are asked to keep in mind as general best practices for all student employees.