Student Employment during COVID-19
Our first concern is your health and your success as a student. If you participate in a work-study program, please note the following:
- Students with a work study offer should follow the instructions for locating positions on Job-X that has been sent to you from the email@example.com email. To get started you will first need to complete Work-Study (WS) Training:
- Copy and paste this link in your browser to begin: go.unc.edu/wstraining.
- Review the WS Training presentation and complete the WS Training Quiz with a 100% score.
- Be sure to save or print a copy of your results.
- You are then ready to search and apply for positions using the Job X Students page.
- Use the “Find a Job” link to begin your job search.
- Students should email firstname.lastname@example.org if they have questions about work-study employment.
- The work-study program is offering a new option this year by allowing for fully- and partially-remote positions. Students not fully on campus are welcome to participate in the program through these remote jobs.
- Students with in-person work-study positions are allowed to continue those positions provided they follow campus safety protocols and have employer approval.
If you are a student employee outside of a work-study program and you have not been designated as a COVID-19 Mandatory Employee, you should not come to campus unless directed by your supervisor. Please work with your supervisor to develop a plan to work remotely. If working remotely is not possible, you may be eligible for leave as outlined on the COVID-19 leave information page.
Faculty and teaching assistants will receive guidance from the Provost’s office regarding the resources for remote instruction. Those with research responsibilities, including graduate assistants and graduate students with service appointments (e.g., RA’s), should work with their supervisors about remote work options. Vice Chancellor for Research, Terry Magnuson has provided further guidance for those with research responsibilities.
Student employees are eligible to request accommodations and/or workplace flexibility through the same processes for faculty and staff. For more information, visit the EOC COVID-19 Accommodations page.
The Schools of Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmacy may have different operating schedules or class requirements. Please refer to any communication you have received from the school, or work with your professor or dean for information.COVID-19 Student Hire FAQs